Why choose Angel Sleep Sacks?
Angel Sleep Sacks are designed and curated in New Zealand. Manufactured through fair trade overseas. We aim to create a product that keeps baby comfortable and as safe as possible while sleeping. A happy, sleeping baby, makes a very happy mum!
The Angel sleep sack lets baby have a little more room for movement than traditional swaddles, yet still gives a slight restriction in the arms to help babies with the startle reflex to settle themselves back to sleep. Perfectly safe for babies that are rolling, as the arms aren't completely restricted like traditional swaddles, so baby can roll back over safely.
Unlike many other swaddles and sleep sacks that get soaked sleeves from babies chewing, the Angel sleep sack has a unique (Patent pending) design on the tips of the sleeves which prevent moisture from soaking through and leaving baby uncomfortable and restless through the night. The fabric is made out of a soft, thick Bamboo textured fabric that helps to abosorb moisture. Now your baby can still get the comfort of self soothing by chewing on their hands without it soaking the sleeves.The wide sack like bottom is great for helping to prevent hip dysplasia as it lets baby sleep with their legs in the natural frog-like position.The double zip makes for easy nappy changes, without having to remove the entire sleep sack.
- Soft – bamboo is to cotton, what cashmere is to wool - an incredibly soft and luxurious feel.
- Antibacterial – bacteria does not survive well in this fabric, so it doesn't get smelly. Even after days (not counting any poo-explosions).
- Sensitive - Bamboo fabric is perfect for allergy prone skin. Its anti-static, and sits well against babies skin.
- Thermo control - bamboo fabric is warm, thanks to its hollow microfibre, yet is also breathable. Perfect for all temperatures.
What is INPAA?
Angel Sleep Sack's are an INPAA (Infants and Nursery Products Association) Baby safety approved product.
INPAA is a privately owned & operated organisation, is the key representative body in the Australian nursery industry. Its primary objective is to lead the development of safer nursery products & to promote the safe consumer use of products.
Now you can rest assured that your baby is sleeping SAFE and sound.
Frequently asked questions
What do I dress my child in, under the Angel sleep sack during summer/winter?
Below is a table to help you with what to dress your baby in, under the Angel sleep sack. Please note this is a quideline only.
Is my baby ready for the Angel sleep sack?
If your baby is not comfortable with being swaddled, or they are at the age they are beginning to roll, then the Angel sleep sack is a great alternative. Unlike traditional swaddles, the Angel sleep sack lets baby have a bit more room for movement. The arms are uniquely designed to give baby a slightly restricted movement, just like in the womb. This helps them to self settle if they are woken by a startle reflex.They are also great for babies starting to roll, as the sleeves give them enough freedom of movement, to safely roll themselves back over. By the age of 3 months, most babies are ready to move on from being swaddled, this is where the Angel sleep sack helps with making a safe and smooth transition. Please see our latest blog: When Is It Time To Stop Swaddling?
What is the startle reflex?
The startle reflex, also known as the Moro reflex, is characterized by an infant appearing startled and throwing her arms and legs outward as if she is falling. Nearly any stimulation can trigger the startle reflex in a baby. For example, a loud noise or the motion of being picked up or set down can trigger this reflex. Sometimes the reflex is set off as the baby drifts off to sleep. To read more about this and how Angel Sleep Sack's helps babies with the startle reflex, check out our blog: How The Angel Sleep Sack Can Help Prevent The Startle Reflex
What size is recommended for my baby?
Newborn: We recommend this size for babies between the ages of NB to 3 months. The total length is 58cm
Small: We recommend this size for babies between the ages of 3-6 months. The total length is 64cm.
Medium: We recommend this size for babies 6-12 months of age. The total length is 74cm
Large: We recommend this size for babies 12-28 months of age. The total length is 88cm (Our grey and white sleep sacks are 92cm).
Why is the Angel sleep sack different from other swaddles?
- The Angel sleep sack lets baby have a little more room for movement, yet still giving a slight restriction to help settle themselves back to sleep.
- Unlike many other swaddles and sleep sacks that get soaked sleeves from babies chewing, the Angel sleep sack has a unique (Patent pending) design on the tips of the sleeves which help to prevent moisture from soaking through the whole sleeve and leaving baby uncomfortable and restless. The material is made out of a soft Bamboo textured fabric that helps to absorb moisture. Now your baby can self soothe by chewing on their hands without it soaking the sleeves.
- The sleeves are perfect for little rollers, as they give baby enough freedom of movement so they can safely roll back over.
- Angel sleep sacks are made out of Bamboo and organic cotton. Viscose Bamboo is a beautiful soft, silky material that is light weight, breathable and perfect for any season as it helps maintain babies normal body temperature. Bamboo is becoming very popular as it is a natural material and great for babies with allergies.
- The wide sack like bottom is great for helping to prevent hip dysplasia as it lets baby sleep with her legs in the natural frog-like position.
At Jaxs and Co we believe that keeping your baby safe while sleeping is of utmost importance.
Here are a few simple steps to remember when putting your baby to sleep:
1. Always sleep baby on their back, from birth. Not on their tummy or side.
2. Keep babies face and head clear from blankets, toys, pillows or anything else that may cause suffocation.
3. Always keep baby in a smoke free environment.
SIDS risk factors
Familiarise yourself with SIDS risk factors to keep baby safe while sleeping. Sleep baby on their back and avoid overheating. Create a smokefree, safe sleep environment. For more information, please visit www.sidsandkids.org.nz
Support Healthy development of the hips
Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip or DDH is generally the preferred term for babies and children with hip dysplasia since this condition can develop after birth. DDH is a medical term for general instability, or looseness, of the hip joint. Our Angel Sleep Sacks are designed with a wide sack shaped bottom, which lets baby sleep with their legs in the natural 'frog-like' position.
For more information on hip dysplasia and anything else relating to babies and children's hip health, please visit www.hipdysplasia.org
**This information is not medical or allied health professional advice. Further, no cure or treatment for disease is offered on this website. Jaxs and Co recommends you seek professional advice for your's and your child's individual needs.